Friday, April 04, 2014

Trails End Quilters Book

A friend has been encouraging me to get more done with my Tales of the Trails End Quilters book.  I've been working on a cover design and have made up postcards using the cover illustration.  So I'm planning to use these to promote the book.

Next, I've been making an outline of who and what I want to include, along with photos of the quilters and their work when any of this is available.

Putting the book together will involve more research about the first quilter (my great grandmother, Mary Barker Coon).  I do have photos of her and my grandfather's description of her quilting in one of his journals. 

  • Do I need drama? 
  • Should this be mainly a book for my family heritage?
  • Will other quilters be interested in reading it?
  • Should I include patterns for some of the quilts described and pictured?

So many decisions to make in deciding what to include and what direction a book should take.